As many of you know we are NOT open to the public and we do NOT want browsers or tourists. All visits are by appointment only. All visits are supervised , They are tours given by Davidsan himself and take up to two hours . We don’t ask folks to buy something but if you have no intention of doing so now or in the future please do not ask to come. In addition if you are looking for ideas or working with a landscape architect who have their own sources and no intention of buying from me. And you are coming here alone ( for them) or with them to simply take photos and make lists for them or you to buy elsewhere you will definitely piss me off big time… do both of us a favor and stay away… don’t ask and be honest about it!!I do not have the time to play those games… Go elsewhere please!!
Now that I have pissed off the 1% of you that I really don’t care if I did piss off …. for the OTHER 99% of you folks who truly are interested in Japanese Maples and companion trees and do not fit into the above modus operandi. We really DO want YOU ( the 99%) to come and visit .. we love showing our trees to folks who have interest and realize how special of place we have here .
This year is very special since we have over 500 varieties of Jms available. We have tripled our dwarf selection, and added hundreds of larger semi specimen and specimen trees, . We have also added trees for bonsai ( pre bonsai). We also, as well , have a much larger selections (with many in larger sizes) of Gingko ( many Dwarf varieties , Fagus ( beech), Conifer, Quecus ( Oaks) , Cercis ( Red Bud) , Many available in larger sizes ready for your yard to be immediately beautified. We also have many other rare and hard to get trees absolutely unavailable elsewhere!! .Basically we are bursting at the seems with the most beautiful trees we have ever had …. and all sizes are bigger than last year .Having larger sizes within each pot size makes for exceptionally good deals for you. All our greenhouses are now separated into types and sizes so everything is easy to find. Overall we have a fine running operation that should make your visit a boffo one
Our 2 acre Botanical gardens are beautiful and growing nicely so you can see many of the trees we offer in a setting rather than just a can. We have seating areas where you can just gaze at the gardens rest between tour points
Making an appointment is easiest by phone in the evening up between 8pm 10:30 pm central time so I can check and not double book .. Just call me at 217-303-2641. Or email us thru the contact page above. If you email us please supply several dates and times and I can likely squeeze ya in ..
Remember a tour takes 1-2 hours so don’t come to close to dark but basically anytime from 9am to 7pm 7 days a week is ok with me … I will make it work .
Visiting offers you the chance to pick your own tree(s) and take it home in a pot. See all we have to offer . Be awed at all the really cool and different trees available no where else within 2000 miles. A visit to Davidsans is well worth the trip no matter how many hours you are from here
If you are truly interested, WE REALLY WANT YOU TO COME. Just ask us to make an appointment for you at your convenience .. You will find Davidsan a very nice person who will go out of his way to help you , as long as the first paragraph does not apply to you.
Just give us a call or email